#InternationalDayOfTheGirl, let’s talk. 💋👇🏿
This year marks 11 years since life struck me with a (mild) stroke.
It also marks…
• my Jesus year (33)
• 15 years since I graduated from high school.
• 11 years since I learned to write, speak, and walk again.
• 11 years since being sexually assaulted by my former boyfriend.
• 1 year since I truly forgave him and apologized for my attempts to tarnish his name.
• 9 years since I became a licensed evangelist missionary.
• 7 years since I graduated from college—four years “late.”
• 7 years since I took my first trip abroad.
• 6 years since I moved to China.
• 4 years since I moved to Saudi Arabia to teach at the largest women’s university in the world.
• 3 years since I made it to my 7th continent, Antarctica.
• 2 years since I wrote my first book.
• 2 years since my Mom got diagnosed with cancer.
• almost 3 months since my Mom went back to Heaven.
I’m reminded that
And guess what, girl?
You got this too.
No matter what life tosses your way,
slide on your gloves—lace or leather, and crush it with both hands.
You’re not just a survivor.
Not just a winner.
But you’re a girl.
And let me tell you,
WE have the POWER
to START and end wars,
to INFLUENCE and BIRTH nations.
to ENGINEER the most magnificent architectural masterpieces,
to TEACH and instruct with limitless intellect,
to CHANGE flat tires, diapers,
and the WORLD.
We were made well.
We were made slowly.
We were made last.
And you know what they say about the best. Yep, they’re always saved for last. 😘
But ladies, let’s be FIRST at walking together.
Let’s contend, not compete.
Let’s march together, girls. Let’s go. Let’s do. Let’s be.
“Beloved, I wish above all things that you would prosper and be in health, even as your soul prospers.” #3John1v2
With Deep Love and Extreme Gratitude,
💋Karissa Denae Johnson
#BeforeAfter by Terrence Alexandre
🌟 #GloryToGod 🌟